Y’all, I’ve decided that with my crazy insane goodreads challenge, I might as well participate in Bout Of Books to give myself a bit of a boost with my numbers.Plus, it’s a fun way to interact with members of the community that I might not already know.
Here’s the official blurb from the website:
“The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books 6.0 team”
So, because the readathon is pretty much like 6 days, I am going to try to get in 7 books, which is a little more than a book per day.
Here’s my plan a little more specifically –
- Read before heading off to work
- Utilize audiobooks in my car and while doing boring filing things at work
- Read for at least 30 minutes during my lunch break
- Set alarm/timer to make sure I read for 90 minutes a night
Oh, and I bet you’re curious about the pile:
Here’s what I picked:
- Personal Effects by EM Kokie audiobook – because it’s narrated by Nick Podehl and I’m listening to it now and quite liking it.
- Scent Of Magic by Maria V. Snyder – picked this because it’s a Vine book and I have a resolution about reading all of them.
- Altered by Jennifer Rush – This has short chapters plus it published 1/2/13, so I need to read it and get it out of the way.
- The Spindlers by Lauren Oliver – Another Vine book, plus it’s middle grade and Lauren Oliver YAYYY!
- Prophecy by Ellen Oh – Basically this looks to be a quick read plus it’s one of my January review books.
- Through The Ever Night by Veronica Rossi – My blogger friends love this book and I’m so ready to find out what happens to Aria and Perry.
- The 13th Sign by Kirstin O’Donnell Tubb – Concept is intriguing plus this looks like a very fast read.
- Falling For You by Lisa Schroeder- OOO! So, apparently this one is about an abusive relationship kind of and that seems relevant to my work.
- Revolution 19 by Gregg Rosenblum – Basically I’m positive I can whip through this plus it releases this month.
- Something Strange And Deadly by Susan Dennard – Another Vine book and I love the whole zombie thing.
- Wings Of Fire: The Dragonet Prophecy by Tui T. Sutherland – Again with the vine books.
- Splintered by AG Howard - I’ve already started this and am like 20% in. I’m hoping to finish this during Bout of Books. It’s another January NEED TO READ ASAP book.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley – Basically this is download in my Audible app, and so I figure whenever I need to walk around I can just listen to this book.
Are you doing Bout Of Books? If so, what are you reading? Have you read any of the books I picked out? Let me know in the comments below.