Hey everyone, it’s Allison.
I’m back to continue with my Harry Potter bullet point reviews. I’m so glad everyone liked my bullet point review of Harry Potter 1&2. I really appreciate all your comments and feedback regarding these posts. In this edition of review Harry Potter, I will be reviewing Harry Potter 3 & 4. Let’s begin:
THERE ARE SOME SPOILERS AHEAD. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK:
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
For three years now Hogwarts has been a sanctuary for Harry Potter but it appears that is all about to change when Sirius Black, the convict not only rumored to be in cahoots with Lord Voldemort but also the man believed to be responsible for killing Harry’s parents, escapes from Azkaban Prison and all clues suggest he is headed for Hogwarts and Harry himself. As a result, Harry quickly finds the place that he once thought as a safe haven becoming more and more like a prison where his every move is watched and monitored but, none of his questions are really being answered … unless he forces the answers out himself.
- Ron trying to use a telephone to contact Harry had me dying with laughter.
- Loved all the mystery sounding Sirius Black.
- Finally, a good dark arts teacher … except he has a secret … of course he has a secret.
- Dementors are CREEPY.
- Hermione reminds me of myself in graduate school. I only wish I’d been able to add more hours to my day.
- Quiditch championships = <3
- I want to visit Hogsmeade.
- Disliked the tension between Ron & Hermione but liked what it added to the story.
- Love all the mentions of Harry’s parents.
- Poor Hagrid always falling for those “dangerous” creatures.
- Snape…I know I keep saying this but…what is your problem?
- BIG cheers for when Hermione hit Draco.
- Team Crookshaks.
- Once again, Dumbledore is so wise.
- Favorite Quote: “You think the dead we loved truly ever leave us? You think that we don’t recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?”
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter has reached the halfway point of his training as a wizard at Hogwarts but there is still so much he feels he has to learn, including all about the mysterious event that’s supposed to take place at Hogwarts this year. He is also still learning all that he can about He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. But sometimes he just wants to be a normal fourteen year old wizard but he’s not normal … and for him that can be especially deadly.
- I <3 Fred and George Weasley .
- I love Harry’s relationship with Sirius.
- Jealousy is not a good color there Ron and Hermione.
- I love Mrs. Weasley’s adoptive mother instincts.
- Voldemort is so creepy. I get chills reading his evilness.
- Jealousy is not a good color for you either Harry.
- Ron and Harry fighting =
- Shut up, Percy.
- Hagrid is such a lovable ½ giant.
- Aww. Dobby’s love for socks!
- Cedric Diggory
- I enjoyed the Tri-Wizard competition.
- Dumbledore > Ministry
- So many twists and turns! =)
- Favorite Quote: “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
Wow. JK Rowling knows how to drag you in doesn’t she? Books three and four of the Harry Potter series were even more compelling than the first two. I felt even more attached to Harry, Ron, and Hermione, and even started feel the pull for attachment for other more newer characters. I also continued to question the motives of certain characters, and become even more intrigued with the creepiness of Voldemort. HE IS SO CREEPY! I had so many questions about him. Also, I still love Hogwarts but Hogsmeade also has a special place in my heart now. Can I just visit both? Please? Seriously. (Dear April. We need to go back to Florida stat. so we can visit Harry Potter World. Sincerely, Allison)
Well, I think this about wraps up this edition of my Harry Potter review. Keep an eye out for the next one which will contain books 5 (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix) and 6 (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince)
Until next time…